[NTLK] MP2100 -> Airport Mac Connection?

From: Judy Perry (jperryl_at_ecs.fullerton.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 11:43:33 EST

Hi,

I've been an inattentive lurker for quite some time now but have finally
acquired a MP2100 from Mr2ndHand off ebay.

From what I've seen in the FAQs, installing software on this Newt involves
using Newton Connection Utility (I think) and a serial cable to the Mac
upon which the software has been downloaded.

What does one do when one has a new Mac that doesn't have the older-style
Mac serial port? The FAQ seemed to indicate that using the IR port is
iffy at best (or, perhaps, downright tricky?).

I've got a TiBook with IR and Airport connection, and a new Quicksilver G4
tower on the Airport network as well. I can't use a Newton modem to dial
into my ISP because I have a cable modem.

I would be grateful for any suggestions anyone can offer. Do I read
correctly that a previous post had information on using some sort of
airport-like card to connect to an airport network?

TIA,

Judy Perry

btw: the HWR on this is MUCH BETTER than on the 120! I am impressed!!