[NTLK] Network printing

From: Josh Ormsby (ormsby_at_mpi.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 10:28:52 EST

> >> Josh,
> >>
> >> When you select "Print", from the routing menu, a dialog should appear.
> >> There is a popup menu in the middle of the dialog that says "Printer".
> >> Do you have a printer name appearing next to this popup? If not, tap the
> >> "Printer" popup, then select "Choose Network LaserWriter". A dialog should
> >> appear and you should see your printer's name appearing there. Tap it's name
> >> to highlight it, then tap the close button. The name should now appear next
> >> to the "Printer" label.
> >>
> >> If any of this doesn't work, then maybe your physical connection is
> >> defective, one of your LocalTalk/PhoneNet connector is broken. Or the
> >> printer isn't a network PostScript LaserWriter. What kind of printer is
> >> this, BTW?
> >>
> >> -Laurent.
> >> --
> >> =====================================================================
> >
> > Laurent,
> >
> > The printer name does appear in the print popup.
> >
> > The physical connection seems to be OK. The printer is working from my
> > desktop.
> >
> > It's a HP LaserJet 8150 N.
>
> Josh,
>
> Do you know if the printer has AppleTalk enabled? Did you download the HP
> printer utility that would let you manager this printer? This printer is
> also Ethernet 10BaseT ready, so are you using a NOS 2.1-based Newton, with
> an Ethernet card? If so, what kind of connection do you physically have with
> the printer? A direct connection? A hub between the 2 of them? A
> router/switch?
>
> -Laurent.
> --

Laurent,

I am using a MP2000u with a Farralon ethernet card. It is plugged into
the network right next to my PC, and I have been able to print from
there. I just downloaded and ran the HP utility "HP web JetAdmin" to
check on the printer, wow that is a great utility, and AppleTalk is
enabled. It does have an IP address, could I print to it directly that
way?

Josh.