Re: [NTLK] Yikes!!!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 14:52:29 EST

Hmmm, you might try booting the machine with no
packages (to get maximum heap) then start up the works
package so that it can use all the heap space
available...
This is just a guess mind you. I don't use Works my
self.

Ed
web/gadget guru.
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)

--- Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
wrote:

> On 05/02/02 13:39, "Thomas Hart" <those_at_mac.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I am in serious need of help here. I imported an
> RTF file to my Newton
> > today that was 140k and now works won't launch. It
> tells me that the
> > Newton doesn't have enough memory to do launch the
> app. Is it that the
> > file is too large? And if this is the case, how
> can I delete the file if
> > Works won't work? I have a 2000 and normally have
> around 112-125k free
> > memory.
> > I have all of my attendance and comments for the
> courses I teach
> > stored in NewtWorks and I REALLY need those files.
>
> Hmmm, the only thing I can think of would be to use
> some soup browser, like
> SBM Utilities, and browse the NewtonWorks soup until
> you get to the
> offending entry. Then, you would have to delete it.
> It's most likely the
> cause of your problem.
>
> -Laurent.

=====