Re: [NTLK] stupid Quest: registration with 2nd Newt

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 16:20:43 EST

On 04/02/02 16:05, "Stefan Hassenstein" <list.SH_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>> On 04/02/02 15:25, "Stefan Hassenstein" <list.SH_at_gmx.de> wrote:
>> [snip!]
>>> how can i workaround the PIA for
>>> these registrations where no company exist
>>> anymore ?
>> [snip!]
>>
>> What is a "PIA"? "Personal Identification Acknowledgement"? Most
>> applications relies on the main owner info card, specifically the first and
>> last name entered for the owner. Then, using the code that you should still
>> have, just in case, everything should work fine.
>
> sorry, ment "PITA" instead of "PIA"...
>

>> In the case of the few apps that relies on the MessagePad serial number,
> then you'll have to contact the company.
>
> Yes, i was thinking at NewtonID 2.0 as a key app
> for many registration procedures (Moreinfo, Notion, ...)

I believe that apps that rely on NewtonID are actually based on the owner's
name. So, assuming you still have the original registration number that they
sent you when you bought a license and sent them your name, and assuming you
entered that name in your new MessagePad, those applications should accept
the registration number without any problem.

-Laurent.

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or
experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the
software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor
users get is the finger.