[NTLK] true and complete memory test

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 09:36:05 EST

After trying another ROM card in my Newt I am almost sure that my problem
regarding the latest system patch is due to a defective memory area.
I think there is a special memory area used from NOS only where also the
system patches are stored.
This area seems to be corrupt on my machine.
As soon as I try to load a system patch, the procedure of installing it
ends with an unknown error and afterwards the Newt arbitrary
hangs at different program steps.
Clearing this memory area completely by inserting an US ROM card and
re-inserting the german ROM card, the Newt works almost fine despite a few
strange errors remaining.

So my question is if there is a utility able to test (read/write/rewrite)
the COMPLETE (internal store) memory area of the Newt.

Johannes