Re: [NTLK] Modem Problem... Help!

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 17:19:09 EST

on 2/3/02 5:00 PM, speedy2 at speedy2_at_dag.net wrote:

> I suspect this is with Newton idle. Did you take a measurement while the
> Newton was running a program?
    Jumps between 2 and 10mA, then settled back. Input is what causes the
power draw since something is always running on the Newton (it's sitting
there waiting for you to do something). Character recognition takes about
10mA.

    Another card for the list
    Farallon Etherwave 90mA

    A 3Com Etherlink III is very similar so I'd expect its draw to be about
the same.

Peter