[NTLK] Wireless Newton

From: Tom Wilkinson (thenortherner_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 21:49:16 EST

Someone was asking about using the cell phone and the Newton. I have a
Qualcomm 2760 phone and I just bought the Qualcomm fax/modem PC card.

I completely recommend it if you have one of these phones, or one of the
other Qualcomms that it fits. The box says it works with Qualcomm CDMA
digital and analog phones.

It came with windoze software , a cable to use the PC card as a regular
faxmodem, a cable to use it as a wireless modem, the PC card and a great
manual.

It worked so easily out of the box, I couldn't believe. No set up involved.
The modem configuration I already had installed worked with it.

Without reading the manual once, I sent a fax and then logged on to the net,
sent and received some mail through Simplemail.

The only problem I have is the return mail from simplemail says: Stationary
for this type of message not installed. I don't know what that's about. Any
help would be appreciated.

My phone said it connected at 14.4 but the box advertises 33.k. Haven't had
time to check into that discrepancy yet.

Tom