Re: [NTLK] NIC & 175ma Load

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 16:37:35 EST

Charles Lewis wrote not long ago (2/1/02 4:19 PM):

> Anyone have any thoughts about exceeding this max by 75ma? Will something bad
> happen to me for even thinking this or will I just need a lot of batteries?

I don't know about specific load levels, but Mark Rollins' page on setting
up a Novatel Wireless modem card (also a high-load device) may have some
useful insights:

http://www.mrollins.com/newtmerlin.html

In a nutshell, the page says that the high load of card can lead to
corruption of an installed memory card under low battery conditions.

HTH--

--Jesse