[NTLK] Connecting to an iMac ... and those pesky storage cards

From: Russ Bravo (russbravo_at_lineone.net)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 09:37:34 EST

Hi all

Thanks for your suggestions so far on my various questions in getting my
MP120 doing what I'd like it to.

Still no joy on the pesky storage cards. Just noticed that both my IMB cards
have TWO little switches at one end (while the 2MB only has one). I know one
is the Write Protect switch, but which one is it? And what's the other one
for? Are the settings on these switches liable to make any difference as to
whether my Newt can read them?

Any UK listers willing to test a card for me if I send it to them?

On the other issue, I recently bought the Palm Connect USB kit as suggested
to link my MP120 up with my iMac. Problem is: still can't get my Newt to
'see' the iMac. I've linked up successfully at home to my Power PC 7300/200
via AppleTalk and a serial cable popped in the printer socket.

Everytime I try it the Newt looks for a Mac to link to and either can't find
one, or when I select AppleTalk as opposed to Serial connection, it looks
for my home mac which has a different 'name' to my work one (Russ's Mac, as
opposed to Russ iMac). The iMac's on OS9, if that makes any difference. And
yes, I have installed Newton Connection Utilities on it.

Any suggestions?

All wisdom gratefully received

Russ, UK