Re: [NTLK] emate memory for Ethernet use

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 11:43:43 EST

        I've set up NIE 2.0 and Ethernet support on one of my daughters
(non-upgraded) eMates before. It works, but I wouldn't call it an
enjoyable experience. It's fine for e-mail (if I recall correctly, it
took about 10 seconds to download a 2KB message), but painfully slow for
web browsing. I think it would be OK for generating Newton Books of web
sites (ala Newts Cape) at prescheduled times for later viewing, but I
haven't tried that. I think you'd probably run into ram limitations
trying to view large/graphics intensive sites.

        Regards,

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 137:
Before spending available funds on giant gargoyles, gothic arches, or
other cosmetically intimidating pieces of architecture, I will see if
there are any valid military expenditures that could use the extra
budget.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html