[NTLK] Newton newbie

From: RADAR9999_at_aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 22:37:26 EST

In a message dated 12/29/02 10:27:52 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net writes:
>>I feel a bit under prepared for life after buying my Newton. I am
>>42 years old, am a college graduate, took every college computer
>>class that was offered during my college years, have used a HP PC
>>for many years, have years of solid career experience behind me but
>>am beginning to feel overwhelmed by my Newton.
>>Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>Thanks!
>>Carl McGraw
>>E18004 County Hwy F
>>Hillsboro, WI 54634
>>Tel/Fax/Videophone 608-489-4269

    I too am 40's (41), and have had a newton 130 to start with, a 2000
(stolen!), and a newton 2100 (LOVE IT), with an emate on the way.
    First things first, master the basics; Notepad, Names, Connecting via
serial , Calendar. I use mine as a mobile rolodex, for note-taking, do-lists,
small document creation, and sending fax'es.
    Read the manual. Read the archives to figure out what you want to do.
Search the archives for info about what you want. Then post here describing
what you're doing to get any updates or suggestions. Then post back with your
success story!(Or your problems)
Good Luck!(You'll need it)

Ed Johnson

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html