Re: [NTLK] NTK Inspector only half there

From: Julian Wright (julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 16:32:02 EST

On 28 Dec 2002 at 14:10, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> > [keypad Enter, not normal Enter]
>
> That's normal. It's so you can enter multi-line expressions, define whole
> functions, etc. right in the inspector. It's a feature, not a bug :)

Ok I've now found a place in one of the manuals where it actually
describes this, and also says you can use Ctrl-Enter on the main
keyboard if you don't want to reach across to the numeric keypad. I
think what happened is they took some information from the PDF form of
the manual to create the Windoze help file, and that information wasn't
as complete. :(

Frustrating though. Now I'm looking through the manuals to find the
part where it actually explains programming the Newt and doesn't just
wax lyrical about how object-oriented it is.

Yeah yeah I know, gotta do the groundwork... :)

> Back in the day of IBM 3270 mainframe terminals, this is how keyboards worked:
> the enter key next to the letters was just a "new line" or "next field" key,
> and the enter key on the numeric keypad was the "enter" or "execute" key. Ah,
> those were the days...

Makes a lot more sense than using, say, TAB for next field, when you
think about it.

Julian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html