Re: [NTLK] What are Jaggies?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 15:52:55 EST

It's a mysterious, debilitating disease that affects
Newton 2000s and some 2100s. It's similar to
Parkinson's where the "ink" under your stylus will
suddenly, and without warning, bolt to another part of
the screen, creating a line to the new point, thereby
making recognition impossible. There's a lot of
speculation on it's causes, and there are some
"solutions" on lessening the affect, but again, like
Parkinsons, there is no real cure that has been
proven, without a doubt will work for every case of
the Jaggies. Your two choices is to either live with
it...but that's no solution, because you will quickly
hate your newt...or attempt a repair. Apple used to
have a service that would completly refurbish your
Newt for $180 and this would "fix" the Jaggies, but
again, there is conflicting information as to whether
Apple still does this.
I can say, that I just experienced my first jaggies on
my Apple repaired Newt in over a year and a half...(or
has it been 2 years?) It's gone now, but it still
scares me in leading me to believe that Jaggies can
never be cured, they only go into remission...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Miguel D'Amico <mdamico_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I'm kind of new to the Newton world, but I've seen a
> lot of talk about this
> mysterious phenomena, but I still don't know what it
> is.... What are
> Jaggies?

=====
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
 - Mr. Weasley - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.