Re: [NTLK] [OT] Basilik

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 13:15:34 EST

Well, he figured that since he hadn't used the thing
in years, it obviously wasn't important to him any
longer and since I took a ROM image, legally it wasn't
able to be sold any longer. So the real heathen here
is Apple and their restrictive choke hold on their
ROMs.
He offered to sell me the thing, but honestly...I did
that stuff years ago and have no wish to drop back
into that environment again! ;-)
So, the only thing left was to throw it away. We were
going to do an "Office Space" kinda thing with it
(think "printer" and you'll get the idea) But it was
raining that day and not worth the trouble. So, it was
dumped into the trash (he called the trash service,
but they didn't offer any "recycling" thing for
computer equipment, but said put it in the weekly
trash and they'll take it away!) Heck, for all we
know, it's sitting on some kid's desk playing
MP3s...go figure...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com> wrote:

> In a previous message, Ed Kummel typed vigorously:
>
> >I think it's '040 macs or powermacs only (603 and
> 604
> >sticks in my mind...)I got my ROMs from a
> Quadra950,
> >but they weren't 32 bit clean, so a friend pulled
> his
> >Quadra 650 out of the attic so I could get a ROM
> >image. He thanked me for reminding him he had that
> Mac
> >in his attic and threw it away as soon as I
> returned
> >it to him...
>
> Heathen.
>
> g.

> Grant Hutchinson Interface
> Considerations & Toys
>
> Live video served fresh since 1996.
> http://www.splorp.com/cam/
> Now fortified with daily ramblings.
> http://www.splorp.com/blog/
> Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.
> http://www.splorp.com/newton/
> Online community web site handyman.
> http://www.newted.net/
>

> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

=====
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
 - Mr. Weasley - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.