Re: [NTLK] [Slight rant] This stuff burns me up a bit...

From: Randy & Cheyanne (charan_at_centurytel.net)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 22:13:06 EST

On Friday, Dec 27, 2002, at 17:18 US/Central, Henry Stukenborg wrote:

> I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it urks me when reporters says
> things like "The Newton nearly ruined Apple's reputation for
> innovation." and then goes on to praise Bill Gates as the savior of the
> (hand) written word via the TabletPC.

Newts,

        Just have to comment. The problem is that Microsoft is nearly the
only game in town and it is certainly the only game in town buying TONS
of advertising in most PC and many business magazines. Microsoft also
subsidizes many retailers' advertising if they slap a WindowsXP banner
somewhere in their advertisement. They aren't "journalists" they're
"publicists" who know where they get the butter for their bread. It's
what you get with a near monopoly. The monopoly serves shit and
everyone sits around wiping shit out of their beards saying, "this is
the best tasting shit they've given us yet."

cheers,

Randy

--
'Hell is other people.'