Re: [NTLK] Backlight Info

From: Phil Denton (nanjad_at_ozemail.com.au)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 22:02:21 EST

On Friday, December 27, 2002, at 09:59 AM, Ferdi Ozguner wrote:

<snip>

> Blue and Green EL lamps are the brightest and generate 15-20=20
> foot-Lamberts. With this amount of light output, EL lamps as small as=20=

> 4=94 X 8=94 can be seen from up to 5 to 6 miles at night according to =
a=20
> study conducted by the US Air Force. Furthermore, the study concluded=20=

> that EL was superior to other lighting systems and retro-reflective=20
> tapes because the EL light was not noticeably reduced during smoke,=20
> snow, ice, dust, fog, and haze conditions.
<snip>

1) Are you claiming comparable performance from your upgrades to that=20
you quoted? In other words would a 4' x 8" piece of your backlight=20
material be seen from up to "5 to 6 miles"? Have you performed any=20
tests with a light meter? How much brighter is your blue backlight?

2) Could you please advise the "Shipping/Handling" charges to return a=20=

2100 to Sydney Australia?

3) Could you please advise the "Shipping/Handling" charges to return a=20=

2100 to San Francisco USA?

4) Could you advise whether the amounts for 2) & 3) include insurance=20
and if so how much?

5) If insurance is not included in 2) &/or 3) could you advise the=20
extra cost for insurance and the amount of insurance cover for each=20
destination?

6) Is the "noticably quieter" buzzing/Noise due to lower current drain=20=

or some other improvement over the original backlight? Have you=20
performed noise or power test measurements on this?

Please reply to the list as as I know others interested in backlight=20
replacement and the shipping/handling costs will also apply to these=20
people. Thank you.

Phil Denton

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html