Re: [NTLK] [OT] Basilik

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 17:30:51 EST

I think it's '040 macs or powermacs only (603 and 604
sticks in my mind...)I got my ROMs from a Quadra950,
but they weren't 32 bit clean, so a friend pulled his
Quadra 650 out of the attic so I could get a ROM
image. He thanked me for reminding him he had that Mac
in his attic and threw it away as soon as I returned
it to him...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Chris Ruprecht <chris_at_ruprecht.org> wrote:

> Basilik requires Mac ROMs. Now, I have a couple of
> Macs (PB 1400, PM 9600=
> /233,=20
> PB G3 (Pismo), PB Ti GigaBit 667) but I think none
> of these ROMs will wor=
> k=20
> with Basilik, right? Which Mac would have the
> correct ROMs?
>
> Best regards,
> Chris
>
> On Monday 23 December 2002 16:44, SStrungis wrote:
> > Ed is right...Basilisk is a nice solution to the
> problem. It is a
> > great emulator that I have used on everything from
> Pent Pros to Pentium
> > 4's. It allows transparent access to the PC's
> shared drive as another
> > volume on the Mac desktop. NCU and NBU would work
> without a hitch. OS
> > 8.1 works NP as well.
> >
> > It's probably the least hassle once setup is done.
> Plus it's a nice
> > kick to run a Mac OS on a newer Pentium machine.
> >
> > Scott
>
> --=20
> Network Grunt and Bit Pusher extraordinaire

=====
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
 - Mr. Weasley - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.