Re: [NTLK] Making books, an alternative

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 05:02:21 EST

> Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 16:53:39 -0800 (PST)
> From: L A GREEN <lagoff11_at_yahoo.com>
>
> SEE, to me that only counts if you want to keep all the bold and other font
> stuff. plus you need newtscape in order for that to work. i have found just
> dropping the text into newton press and then installing the book into my newt
> to be quite as easy. if its in book form,its on my newt and i can read it
> then its perfect. everyone may not use or have newtscape so its good that
> there are alternatives for them. IMO of course.

yes, if the document is re-rendered frequently or distributed to others as
HTML source, then everyone would need full version of Newt's Cape in order
to render it as a book.

however, if the author used Newt's Cape to save the book as .pkg, then other
users could use it without Newt's Cape at all --
unless they wanted to follow external http: links
(then full Newt's Cape would be needed)
or local (within book) links ('Newt's Cape Lite' would be needed to patch a
few things in the builtin Newton bookreader)

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com