Re: [NTLK] Wireless cards

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 03:11:34 EST

On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 10:56 PM, RADAR9999_at_aol.com wrote:
<snip>
> a wireless card to use in both
>>
> a PowerBook G4 and a Newton, but I'm finding that nobody includes Mac
>
> drivers except Asante (but I don't know if their cards work in the
> Newt.) I
>
> must have missed something somewhere.
<snip>

OS9 supports the Lucent Wavelan/Orinoco/Agere card with Apple's airport
software. OSX has a very fine open source driver available at source
forge, which I have been using for a long time on my PBG3 which also
supports the Lucent/Orinoco/Agere cards.

The Open Source WIreless driver's installer is a little shakey, but
once you get it going it works GREAT.

Marty

PS You could compare the list of supported cards for both OSX wireless
and Newt supported and narrow your card search down to just those.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html