Re: [NTLK] Wireless cards

From: Michael (mzb_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 23:33:33 EST

on 19/12/2002 5:16 PM, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
wrote:

> I used an ORiNOCO card from Agere/Lucent in my previous laptop, a
> Wallstreet. When I got my Pismo, I recycled the card into my Newton where it
> has been working fine.

What do you use for a driver on the Mac? Is there an OSX driver? Like the
original poster, I've been looking around for a wireless card to use in both
a PowerBook G4 and a Newton, but I'm finding that nobody includes Mac
drivers except Asante (but I don't know if their cards work in the Newt.) I
must have missed something somewhere.

If the ORiNOCO works in both, I'll get one. If it works in a Mac, does that
mean that so would any card with the same chipset?

I know I could put an AirPort card in my PB, but (a) I'd rather buy one card
than two, and (b) I hear the range isn't very good with the TiBook's
built-in antenna, so I'm hoping a PCMCIA wireless card will do better.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html