Re: [NTLK] 48204 error with NIE setup

From: Steve Vander Ark (vderark_at_bccs.org)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 14:29:17 EST

> You might have mixed up NIE 1.1 packages with NIE2 packages.
> This is a Bad
> Thing(TM), but it can happen. You can check the version by
> tapping on the
> packages in Extras - the 2.0 version should pop up a
> notification dialog that
> says "Version 2.0" at the top - 1.1 packages won't do this.

Okay, this is a bit confusing. If I'm reading this correctly, you hit the
nail on the head. I opened Internet Setup and clicked on About. It says:

Newton Internet Setup
Version 1.1
(c) 1996, 1997 Apple Computer
All Rights Reserved

NIE version 2.0

1k storage used

I see both version numbers, but the one for Setup is 1.1 while the one for
NIE is 2.0. So I need to find the correct version of Setup, right? That's
what I get for poking around for loose files on the web...

Steve

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html