Re: [NTLK] Well, I've gone and done it... the NSBasic/NewtCard mailing

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 19:50:40 EST

On Tuesday, December 17, 2002 4:01 PM,
Brian <bmcewen_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>> What.. all this interest in programming the Newton as of late, but
>> no takers for joining the NSBasic/NewtCard mailing list?? :(
>
> I like the idea of the list but the ONLY time I've had spam sent to
> this address is when I was on the Yahoo groups (the NMAP I guess).
>
> I've been pretty careful about where I share this address, and it's
> stayed "clean for almost a year now (since the mediaone buyout by
> comcast anyway).
>
> Brian

Well, if list owners don't know what they're doing, then the membership list
ends up getting made public.

However, I have been running yahoo-groups-based lists since it was eGroups and I
keep the members lists hidden from everyone except the list mods (which is me).

So, I will be keeping a close watch on what goes on in the list and making every
effort to keep people SPAM-free (as a result of *being* on that list, anyway).

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net