[NTLK] Help - PCMCIA modem appraisal....

From: fussili_at_mac.com
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 16:52:07 EST

  I've decided that a nice 56k modem would be nice for Denning my MP2100 and
I've found a cheap, new PCMCIA modem on ebay.co.uk still I'm not sure if there'
s a script or driver which works with it.. The DNUG's normal Modem list is
down =[ Can anyone help?

   Here's the description, picture confirms it:

Boxed, brand new Smart Modular Technologies ClipperCom 56k World PCMCIA Data
Fax Modem for Laptops for a Buy It Now price of only £15.00

Includes PC Card Modem (in original unopened bag), brand new unused cable,
  Installation Floppy Disk, Phone Socket Adaptor, and Manuals (SMART Quick
Install Guide card, SMART ClipperCom Manual and BVRP Software Users Guide)
  all in English.

Postage and packaging is £2.50 to UK bidders only. Ready to ship immediately
so check out my feedback and buy with confidence!

   At £15 it seems a steal but I'm not sure if I can actually use it as I'd
be hopeless at writing a connection script, let along finding a driver =] Anyone
have any experience with this modem card? Thanks again

   John Swaine
http://plastic-rabbit.co.uk/wafflings.html

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html