Re: [NTLK] Telnet & SSH

From: Chris Ruprecht (chris_at_ruprecht.org)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 15:41:02 EST

I emailed with the developer of pt100 a while back and he said he would h=
and=20
over the sources to somebody who can show him some working prototype of a=
=20
terminal emulator with the beginnings of an ssh client. But, I guess, the=
re=20
is no such effort underway. But hey, I can dream, right? In the mean time=
,=20
I'm eying the new HP iPaq (h5455) but $699 - that's almost Newton price r=
ange=20
;-). It comes with built in WiFi, 400 MHz and loads of memory though.=20
Handwriting is still the same issue as before, but I think, handwriting i=
s=20
not what it's marketed for, mobility is.

Oh well ...

Best regards,
Chris

On Tuesday 17 December 2002 14:54, victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
> The only thing that could be said to be "in the direction" of an SSH cl=
ient
> is that there is now an implementation of the BlowFish encryption algor=
ithm
> for Newton:
>
> http://40hz.org/TheFish/
>
> Now all we need is an implementation of the SSH protocol using NIE, a
> decent terminal emulator (good luck trying to hax0r it into PT100 - it'=
> not free)...
>
> -Victor

--=20
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher extraordinaire

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html