Re: [NTLK] seeking NS basic

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 11:39:44 EST

on 12/17/02 10:24 AM, James Grubic at jgrubic_at_bozeman.k12.mt.us wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification on the demo version of NS Basic. I was all
> set to purchase the floppy disk version from Amazon (used/new) but then
> saw the post indicating that the CD version is what will work on NS2.0+.

    Actually you might be OK depending on the version that's on the floppy.
I discovered that I have the 1st ed but the version of NSBasic demo is 2.52
which works fine on my 2100 (checked last night to be sure). The book is
worth having if you plan to use NSBasic.
    George really supports his product. You'll also find that the shipping
version goes way beyond the demo _ visual design (do layout of your
program's interface on the Newt), make standalone packages, and a few other
improvements.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html