Re: [NTLK] EZ2TV

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 07:23:06 EST

>Has anyone tried the EZ2TV product that is still listed as available? It is
>supposed to project the Newton screen to any video in such as a TV. As it is
>a very expensive product, I would like to hear some feedback before investing.

If you search the archives there are some posts from real life users, back
a bit, perhaps over a year ago.

IIRC it seemed to work well, you have to make SURE you had A/C power to the
Newton else the high draw of the VGA out would cause fatal damage to the
card as the batteries drop just about instantly; you can make powerpoint
slides for the Newt using only a certain version of Powerpoint (from
Windows Office97 I think), it's a custom convertor. I'm not sure if saving
in Office97 from other versions would work well or not- IIRC you had to
have Office97 itself.

I nibbled about getting one perhaps 8 months ago and they replied promptly;
however an email I sent last month hasn't been replied to yet :) maybe I
need more bait.... but my new job instead of being a multimedia "enabler"
type person at the university where I thought I would use the Newt for
presentations to increase my geek karma, instead I'm working at Pfizer,
still in the lab research business. I still sense a personal need for one
of these cards though. Maybe after the Xmas bills come through...

Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html