Re: [NTLK] Follow-up to Newton upgrades

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 02:26:23 EST

Ashley Campbell <awc2_at_andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Also note that the ATA driver doesn't work perfectly with eMates yet.

True, alas ....

> I have to say, though, as someone who owns an eMate and two
> MessagePads, having all of my information on one ATA card that can
be
> popped out and put into any device really is ideal.

This arrangement has its plusses, I agree.

> I'd much rather have this arrangement than a big internal store.

Well, as an eMate owner, you probably already know that with that
extra memory card, your eMate's speed increases, right? While we
weren't exactly discussing the eMate's memory card in this thread (but
what about the possibility of whipping up an eMate memory card?), for
the eMate, extra internal RAM is Good. Add in ATA Support, and things
get that much better --!

Now then ... if I could only convince my local Mac-Ninja to part with
his memory card for his dead eMate .... :o\

> -awc

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html