[NTLK] ...And while on the subject of backups (Newton programmers take note)

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 23:16:46 EST

I'd like to discuss backups for a moment. More importantly I'd like to discuss
sloup and backups. I'm curious...

1) What newtonscript command would have to be issued into sloup to:
    a) Dump data and packages for creating a backup image
    b) Restore data from that dump *back* into it's perspective store.

2) That said, are their any particular platform-specific libraries that need to
be available on the desktop itself to facilitate this?

3) If 1 a & b are possible what is the nature of the data that comes down the
serial connection?

Thanks for your insights.

--
David Orriss Jr.