[NTLK] Making Battery Trays..

From: Aaron Eiche (aeiche_at_freeshell.org)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 21:46:41 EST

I don't know how complex the AA battery trays are, but it recently
occurred to me that I could probably make a mold of an existing battery
tray and then cast out of that mold. I do have a fair amount of
knowledge regarding casting materials and process, so that's no
problem. Past the actual shape of the case, what else is there?
There's a contact for the unit and the spring and contact for the
batteries... is there anything else? I'm assuming it's a simple
construction and probably would disassemble without too much
difficulty. Are there any electronic components in the battery case (I
don't see Apple doing that, but who knows..)

So who would be interested in one of these? I would do it for the sake
that it would take the chip off the insane price of battery cases on
eBay or other sites. So who can tell me what they know about these
things?

I recently got quoted a decent price for one, so I was considering
purchasing it for such a project.

thanks
-Aaron E.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html