Re: [NTLK] Help with error code -48221

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 11:39:43 EST

On 16/12/02 11:30, "Matt Waldinger" <waldingr_at_adelphia.net> wrote:

> I was hoping someone could please help me. Over the weekend I was installing
> some new packages for Newton Works. (Draw and QuickFigure) They both
> installed and I used them, no problem. The problem came when I tried the QFW
> upgrade. After I installed it, Newtie would not open Works. I then scrubbed
> out the QFW package. After that Newtie said he had problems with Draw, so I
> scrubbed it out as well. Now I can not open Works at all - get a -48221
> error and I can launch Notes, but if I tap New, I get a -48221 error. When I
> get home today, I plan on trying to reinstall the packages (Draw & QFW 1.0,
> not the upgrade) to see if it solves the problem. If this is either a good
> or bad idea could someone please advise me?

If you're getting an exception -48221 when you try to create a new note,
then there is something screwed up in your settings, possibly in your system
soup. If I misunderstood your message and all the exceptions you have are
NewtonWorks related, then you can try to re-install but make sure you
install all packages related to NewtonWorks on the *same* store.

-Laurent.

fascist adj.: [common] Said of a computer system with excessive or annoying
security barriers, usage limits, or access policies. The implication is that
said policies are preventing hackers from getting interesting work done. The
variant `fascistic' seems to have been preferred at MIT, poss. by analogy
with `touristic' (see tourist or under the influence of German/Yiddish
`faschistisch').