Re: [NTLK] Noobie/eMate/Jaguar

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 06:35:34 EST

> Bill Lockhart <blockhart1_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> HelIo, I'm a long time eMate owner/ new to this list and just
wanted
> to share some of my recent experiences.

(*snip*)

> Which brings up my next concern.
> when I first bought my eMate I installed Newer Technolgy's eMate
memory
> module and life was good.

while (envy_green)
      drool(); :o\

> I had plenty of space and I could get eMail and surf web pages(using
> NetHopper, i think).
> but then the memory module died on me and the only way I could get
the
> eMate to work again was to remove the memory module.

Hope you saved the module ... there's probably someone on this list
that has the schematics and know-how to fix it.

(*snip*)

> I'm just worried that I won't have enough memory to load everything
> need for web browsing.
> I heard that newer Technolgly went out of business. Is this true?

Well, yes and no. They did go out of business, but they were
resurrected recently. Alas, the sales rep I e-mailed (while pretty
and pleasant enough) said none of her fellow employees knew what an
eMate was ... and needless to say, the part number I provided didn't
yield any results.

> Does anyone else make memory modules for the eMate?

"Scarce" and "hen's teeth" come to mind, here. :o\

Yup; check out ATA Support: http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata

> thanks for listening to my ramblings, but I was just glad to hook up
> the eMate to the imac and wanted to let people know it can be done.
> (which I'm sure most of you know this already).

:o)

> Thanks,

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html