Re: [NTLK] applescript/CO help

From: Stephen Swift (burnum_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 00:10:20 EST

At 12/15/02 11:00 AM, Tom McDougal (TMcDougal_at_newted.org) Wrote:

>> Ugh. I downloaded Palm Desktop. Their scripting support is horrendous.
>> It's as is and unsupported. Plus, their dictionary lies like a kid who just
>> stole candy AND I doubt if half the stuff is implemented. The address book
>> scripting seems ok, but it's just returning raw stuff with events. Well, I
>> got this to work, but good luck trying to change its date.
>
> Thank you Stephen. Some consolation that it's not just me. But it bodes ill
> for my plan to redo Newt-to-CO synch using Applescript.

There are some plans on improving AppleScript capability for Palm Desktop.
Want me to get you in touch with some people? I think if they hear from you
and your plans they might be able to work with you and the next version of
PD might come with better AppleScript support. It's worth a shot at least.

Stephen Swift
Stephen_at_macobserver.com
AppleScript Guru - The Mac Observer
http://www.macobserver.com/tips/applescript