Re: [NTLK] Andre Baron?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 09:49:49 EST

on 15/12/02 01:08, James Elliott at james.elliott_at_newted.org wrote:

> Unfortunately that one doesn't work either. He said he moved to
> Paris; has he been to any of the NUG meetings?
>
> -James
>
>> In a previous message, James Elliott typed vigorously:
>>
>>> Is Andre Baron still on the list? I tried to e-mail him at his
>>> mac.com address, but it no longer works. If you could e-mail me,
>>> it'd be appreciated.
>>
>> He did use another address a while back: <andre_at_apexmail.com>
>>
>> g.

I think he is subscribed to the NewtonFR list, a french mailing list devoted
to the Newton. I cross-posted this message to the NewtonFR list...

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.