Re: [NTLK] dongle care WAS 2 Audio dongles for sale (Dying Interconnec

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 00:39:03 EST

SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com wrote:

> pockets are the best place for dongles, thats where i keep mine. if
you
> don't keep your dongle in a pocket when its not in use, one would
have to
> let their dongle dangle [from the interconnect port]!

When not in use, my dongle dangles (daily!) from the end of a wrapped
up serial cable, which sits on a dresser until needed.

While the pocket idea is a good one, I tend to find an amazing amount
of dust has found its way into my pocket ... and from there, into the
dongle.

How's that go? "Dust gets into dongle ... dusty dongle leads to
static. Static leads to suffering!"

... or something like that. Perhaps a better way would be to wrap the
dongle up in something if you're going to carry the dongle around in
your pocket.

Just my $.0002 ....

--gdw

"Why, yes, I am behind in my digests! Why do you ask?"

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html