Re: [NTLK] OT: I got laid off today

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 17:12:06 EST

> BTW, has anyone else noticed that the trend nowadays seems to be that,
> in
> the event of layoffs, the person is shown the door that day (or
> sometimes
> that very hour). Whatever happened to "two weeks notice"?

I didn't mention this in my skreed, but I actually have nothing to
complain about in this regard. Although I am severely bummed about
being out of work and seeing the fruits of my and my colleagues efforts
scattered to the four winds, the good news is they did treat us very
fairly with regard to severeance. So we all did get a generous "notice"
period, where we are still on the payroll but not required/allowed to
come to work.

Eases the pain for sure, but I'm still sad about it.

Thanks to everyone for the sympathy and suggestions. I'll post a link
to my resume once I get it presentable again (heck, I'll probably put
it in my .sig file -- why not use that space for self-promotion?)
Sometimes electronically pouring out one's soul feels good.

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | Americans practice different faiths in
San Francisco, CA | churches, synagogues, mosques and temples.
jbond_at_jameswhale.com | And many good people practice no faith
Phone: 415-929-0297 | at all.
ICQ: 72267083 | -- George W. Bush, finally gets it right
AIM: jeremybondsf | in his Easter Address of 2002
PGP key available on public keyservers.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html