[NTLK] MP3 Streaming with Codec

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 15:23:55 EST

Hello all,

after lots of cursing and many more crashes of my poor Newton, I've
gotten MAD Max to use the MP3 Codec also for stream playback. It's here
(as usual): http://40hz.org/MADNewton/. Make sure to install both
packages at the top level of the .sit file!

I also added a section to the web page explaining some of the remaining
issues. To make it short: if you have a stream that streams just
slightly above the bit rate of the MP3 data (e.g. 13KByte/s for
128kbit/s MP3 data), you'll get dropouts. Otherwise it should sound
mostly fine. You can of couse test with a local web server: put a file
there and point MAD Max to it's URL.

Have fun,

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html