Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #849

From: Anton Balaban (anton_at_balaban.ru)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 19:09:43 EST

On Thursday, Dec 12, 2002, at 21:36 Europe/Moscow, "Daniel Padilla"
wrote:

> Hi Anton. I have successfully used a S45 with my newton for a GPRS
> connection, so i'm sure that it provides enough power. There is a good
> schematic for a mini-din to DB9 here, I haven't followed the thread,
> but I
> think this is what you need.
>
> http://www.thenautilus.net/HW/hardware.en.html

Hi Daniel! That's the very schematic I used to make my own minidin to
DB9 adapter, so I hope that nothing is messed up with pinouts. Howewer
I found out that there are two types of siemens data cable - one takes
power from phone, and another takes power from serial port. I have the
latter, and you are probably using a phone-powered one. I'm not very
much familiar with all those RS-232, RS-422 pinouts and just don't know
from which pin of mDIN8 Siemens cable could take power (and which pin
on DB9 it should go to). Any help in this direction is greatly
appreciated.

Anton Balaban

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html