Re: [NTLK] 2 Audio dongles for sale (Dying Interconnect)

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 17:19:22 EST

> I'd be doing a lot of listening for short periods of time, so it
> would be in and out a lot. That was what I meant.
>
> -James
>
> >I could see telling me that repeated connection and disconnection of the
> >interconnect dongle might damage the port....But actual use--the passing
> >of electrons along the pins and traces? That's a little tough to
> >handle. Comment?

    The audio dongles, at last the ones i made, are not as bulky as the
serial dongle. And a headphone cable won't put any presseure on it.

  With the serial dongle connected, if you handle the newton at even a small
angle by the battery side, the dongle will touch the table and will put some
pressure to the interconnect port. Also, the newton serial cables are not
very flexible. I think those are the reason why the port gets unsoldered,
not the connnector itself.

    Daniel Padilla

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html