Re: [NTLK] New Newton User... Hello All!

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 11:07:59 EST

From: David-Michael Cook <bluefusion_at_mac.com>:

> 4) Any nontechnical way to make that keyboard ANY quieter? :) It really
> is pretty loud! Not a biggie, but figured I'd ask it.

I recently was able to quiet my keyboard a little bit by spraying Radio
Shack contact cleaner between the keys and then letting it drip/dry.
This was about 5 days ago and it's still working well and still
quieter. It also improved the touch a little bit -- I don't have to use
as much pressure when typing as before.

Someone else on the list suggested using a spray lubricant. The
lubricating compound in the contact cleaner is probably what helped in
my case.

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | Americans practice different faiths in
San Francisco, CA | churches, synagogues, mosques and temples.
jbond_at_jameswhale.com | And many good people practice no faith
Phone: 415-929-0297 | at all.
ICQ: 72267083 | -- George W. Bush, finally gets it right
AIM: jeremybondsf | in his Easter Address of 2002
PGP key available on public keyservers.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html