[NTLK] Holy Shazbot! NSync Rocks :-)

From: Matt Tracey (mtracey_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 18:08:34 EST

Well, I just tried out NewtSync for the first time... My goodness John!
Kickass!!

I hadn't tried any of the other versions because I really didn't want
to risk messing up my Newt when even NCU seemed to have trouble with it
sometimes... Anyways, I took the plunge because I heard that you got
the iCal sync going. I have to say, I as super-duper impressed! Worked
like a (beta version) charm!

I'm not sure if this part should be a public post or not but... The
only thing it stumbled over was repeat meetings... does it take an
exorbitant amount of time to do them? I gave it about a half hour once
it got to record 80 of 97 and stalled. The NewtSync app (on the newton)
said it was doing the repeat meetings but on the Mac the progress bar
never budged. The last line of the log file was the computer asking for
the record but it appears the Newt never sent it. It sent the correct
number of repeat meetings but nothing after that.

Also, just a thought... When an email address is put into the newt's
address book why does it file it under "Internet:"? Maybe this has been
addressed or maybe I'm just too picky because I have all my other email
addresses filed under the "Email:" option :-)

Anywhoo, this really is an amazing piece of software. I think I'll have
to make my roommate pay the phone bill next month in order have the
cash to register it :-)

Keep up the great work!

Matt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html