Re: [NTLK] Next steps for NewtSync? My thoughts...

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 14:38:12 EST

À (At) 11:19 -0800 11/12/02, John Anderson écrivait (wrote) :
>It's part of the reason
>that I'm turning the product into open source as soon as I sell 300
>copies; it will help to safeguard the product.

Might I ask how many copies you sold so far?
You can reply by private mail if you don't want to tell the whole
list. I'm doubtful about that 300 figures. The list has one thousand
members (roughly) who aren't all using OS X and I mostly got
registrations from japanese users myself who don't seem to be that
keen of NewtSync according to their websites. I'm an OS X user myself
and I don't see the interest in NewtSync since I don't use either
iCal or AddressBook.
OK, I'm also developing my own connection software. But still. I want
backups (which I have), notes export (coming soon, although I might
start with MP3 import) and package installation over ethernet (which
works).

Plus, you seem to have some problems communicating about it. (it's
part of the renaming on VersionTracker I guess). Some German user
told me about someone "who is waiting for 300 registrations before
writing the software".

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/