Re: [NTLK] Reading Data from Memory Cards?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 12:29:22 EST

À (At) 14:54 +0100 11/12/02, Thomas Tempelmann écrivait (wrote) :
>Paul, do you know if a Mac can physically read/write a Newton memory card?

Technically, you can but:
- G.M., a Newton user, reported to me that he fried his linear card
making a raw image in his Linux laptop.
- The format of linear cards is totally unknown, you have some
information on Philz website (Victor, do you still have that mirror
lying somewhere?). It used to be at http://www.vyx.net/~philz/
- The format of ATA cards is known (I plan to write a raw backup
utility for OS X at some point) but once you know which objects are
where, you won't be able to decode that easily. The only decoding
I've done is where the name of the store is. I have some notion of
the root of indexes, but that's all. My code is actually confused by
CardSecret utility (and in fact, bad things happen when you use
CardSecret on ATA cards).

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/