Re: [NTLK] What's new?

From: Blair Rosser (newton_at_7thfloormedia.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 11:12:51 EST

For some reason it's hard to find this when searching the archive, but:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=103594468227558&w=2

I placed mine in the space to the right of the NIC, where a SER001 would
fit. With a Radio shack part, I drilled a hole in the plastic tab, threaded
the connector through and screwed it in place. It is very solid there, and
looks like it was always meant to be. I can't remember exactly how I wired
it at the moment, but I did get an audio connector that supports
passthrough, so that when headphones are plugged in, the speaker is silent,
but sounds when the headphones are unplugged. Other than a bad choice of
stiff wire, and bad soldering on my part, which I've since repaired, I love
this patch.

hth,

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html