[NTLK] Re OMP battery packs

From: russbravo_at_lineone.net
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 05:32:42 EST

Hi all

Picked up an original MessagePad cheap on eBay UK recently, and have =
been tinkering with it. Finally got it to power up by using the 'take =
all power and back up battery out and power on five times' technique, as =
described in the FAQ.

So ... it now works, but only when I leave an AC adaptor plugged in. It =
came with a battery pack, which I think is basically shot (quite a bit =
of bluey corrosion inside the battery area. Haven't got a charger, but =
am in need of - I presume - an OMP battery cage in order to use standard =
AAA batteries in it.

Anyone got one spare? Is there any way I could dismantle the =
rechargeable pack and put disposable batteries in?

Your wisdom, as ever, would be appreciated!

Russ, UK

"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. Mainly."

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html