[NTLK] Google on the Newt...

From: Jeremy Wood (woodjd_at_whitman.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 18:54:09 EST

I was just digging around in Google, pretending to do research for a
paper, and found this: http://www.google.com/jsky

"Google J-Sky lets you search and view the entire World Wide Web, by
translating HTML into J-Sky-compatible HTML on the fly. Simply type in
your search query, and Google will return the most relevant results in
a format your phone understands. "

It's meant to be used with cell phones and other "modern"
handheld/wireless devices.

However, it looks like it would be pretty hand on a newton as well.
Nethopper or NewtScape can certainly "understand" whatever
"J-Sky-compatible HTML" is. The only problem with the cut down html it
generates is that it's *too* simple almost, as pages are cut down into
really small pieces. However, they are very simple, and load very
quickly, with the pictures removed, etc.

I thought this might be interest, if it hasn't been mentioned already.
Do other people have other such tools?

http://www.google.com/palm offers a similarly cut-down Google, but
links to complete, rather than simplified, pages.

Jeremy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html