Re: [NTLK] Replies to RTF, Keyboard, SimpleMail, etc.

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 15:18:18 EST

At 02:15 PM 12/9/2002 -0500, Trent Tuggle <Trent_at_Tuggle.Org> wrote:

>Back on the subject of RTF generation; does anyone have the source to
>X-Port? Is it possible to improve its RTF-file generation and mail
>capabilities?

X-Port is still commercial software and there is no publically-released
source code as far as I know.

ICS was planning on producing a version 3.0 which would include sound
import/export capabilities (and maybe improved RTF?) but it never came to pass:

http://web.archive.org/web/19990128223011/http://www.newts.com/newton/xportchallenge.html

> Or maybe move to a simple HTML encoder!

Steve Weyer's HTMList will generate simple HTML-encoded documents out of
Notes which can then be e-mailed. It preserves lists created with the
built-in list stationary, as well as simple formatting (bold, italic...)

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Bond Shepherd
jbond_at_jameswhale.com

Americans practice different faiths in churches, synagogues, mosques and temples. And many good people practice no faith at all. - George W. Bush, finally gets it right in his Easter Address of 2002 My PGP key is available on public keyservers.