[NTLK] Quick ANN regarding e-mail address privacy

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 10:38:35 EST

Just a quick something that I noticed today.

A few people have messaged me in the past with the concern that their e-mail
addresses were becoming spam targets because of their inclusion in both
versions of the list archives - the official ones on newtontalk.net, and the
unofficial but searchable ones on MARC (the Mailing List Archives, at
http://marc.10east.com/). In response to this, I enabled e-mail address "munging" on the official archives to discourage=
 or mess up spammers' bot programs that troll around web sites picking up addresses. But there was nothing I could do ab=
out MARC.

But on Saturday, it seems that MARC has implemented this across their site.
So you can all rest assured that your address is being protected as much as
possible.

To read about this on the MARC news page:

http://marc.10east.com/?q=3Dabout

Or some more general notes about privacy on MARC:

http://marc.10east.com/?q=3Dabout#Privacy

Thanks. As always, if you have any comments about this please feel free to
let me know. My mailbox is always open and it has no storage quota :)

-- Victor Rehorst
Newtontalk.net List Dad
Serving up good, hearty servings of Newton discussion for some time now :)

This message has been posted from Mail2Web http://www.mail2web.com/
Web Hosting for $9.95 per month! Visit: http://www.yourhosting.com/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html