Re: [NTLK] Newton R & D

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 15:15:24 EST

My best wish for this is...

1. A 'bank', a person that has a depository of not only 'contributions',
but also a user-updated contact list. So far Grant H. has the newted.org.
After receiving funds, a list can be maintained on newted.org for list
member status.
*If* Grant isn't too busy. :-o

2. Allocation of funds, setting up a user-updated newted.org board for
exchanges of product/funds would be easiest on the community, but can it be
done?
For example, MrPCBMan releases his next great invention, a slip-on docking
station. He wants $150.00 for each. I have $100.00 in 'the site'. The
$100.00 gets forwarded to MrPCBMan, the exchange is noted on 'the site',
both seller and buyer can see the posts. Kinda like an internal 'nbay'.
Buyer sends more data and funds.

Instead of a large amount of funds given in a 'heap', this would be acted
upon by the buyer depending on product produced.
The 'heap' can be done, but would limit to only those with proven track
records, which only leaves two or three people on the list and scares new
contributors. I have said here that certain products I would help defray
production costs by pre-paying for batches, but if pre-production models
are viable, I would buy 10-100 units, since LaNUG has eager buyers(I'm
about to close a deal for a new batch of Burropaks, details shortly, but
cost of each and to deliver to 'lower-48 states' would be US$50-60.00,
international USPS shipping a few bucks more). See, I've been busy, trying
to get 'real products' to our LaNUG members and NTLK'ers.

This all started with a wish to update/advance our Newts., since Ferdi
won't release 'his secret sources' for making 'frozen cases', we are again
hunting the web for sources and relying on fellow NTLK'ers, hmmm, maybe old
translucent jaz drive caes might work?
------------------
>Newtons. Would people be interested in contributing to a Newton R & D
>fund whereby those who are particularly committed to the platform would
>contribute a small R&D contribution into a fund on a yearly basis for
>example. If you assume a yearly contribution of $20 from 300 members of
>the list that equals $6000 per

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
www.lanug.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html