Re: [NTLK] Keyboard usage, errors, and questions

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 00:41:20 EST

on 07/12/02 00:00, Trenton Tuggle at Trent_at_Tuggle.Org wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I just had my brand-new keyboard plugged into my Newton and noticed that with
> Avi's BD up, if I hit any keys, it popps up an error, -48419.
>
> Is this just something I can ignore?
>
> Also, a keyboard question... With the keyboard plugged in, the dialogs look
> different, and I'm assuming that it's somehow possible to navigate them with
> the keyboard... is it? How?
>
> Thanks again to the answers to these questions!

Dunno why you're getting that exception. Are you using the keyboard with a
Newton OS 2.1-based Newton?

To see what keyboard shortcuts are available at any particular moment, just
hold the Apple (Command) key down for a few seconds.

-Laurent.

GIGO /gi:'goh/ [acronym]: 1. `Garbage In, Garbage Out' -- usually said in response to lusers who complain that a program didn't "do the right thing" when given imperfect input or otherwise mistreated in some way. Also commonly used to describe failures in human decision making due to faulty, incomplete, or imprecise data. 2. `Garbage In, Gospel Out': this more recent expansion is a sardonic comment on the tendency human beings have to put excessive trust in `computerized' data.