[NTLK] Another question for Newton programmer types...

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 21:19:24 EST

Is there a way to sleep the Newton until the current operation is
finished? The reason I ask... I need to be able to call
AddAppointment() and then subsequently load the new appointment in as
an entry so that I can add things like notes to it. But it seems like
the Newton is returning from AddAppointment immediately and then
finishing its work in the background, which is all OK except that the
subsequent search for the new record comes back with no results. I've
put in a sleep() command on the Mac but it's rather unscientific and
may slow the process down... is there a command that executes some of
these things synchronously?

John Anderson
everchanging

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html